July 23, 2013

2013夏令營

Taking part in the Toucheng Leisure Farm’s Summer Camp 2013 was the first time in my entire life to spend days with kids with the eldest 13 years old.  In the first time I came here, I have been told that in the 3rd week of July (7/15-7/20) I had to taking care more than 20 kids and teaching some Indonesia culture to the kids.  To be honest, I felt nervous.  What I am to do with that some stuffs?

In the first day, 阿孟哥 (a meng) and I introduced ourself as their guide in front of children and their parents.  阿孟 is a coordinator summer camp also a guardian who took care and slept with 10 boy kids for that 1 week.  While me, I was as a guardian who took care and slept with 17 girl kids for that 1 week.  I also have been told by Principal’s staff that the language I used to talked with them is English, even though my Chinese is very good.  At that time I understood.  Challenge unlocked!



But their levels of English was so different and everyone was so silent since the first day when I was accompanied them settling up the room.  For the sake of closeness and adapting between me and children, I used Chinese language talked with them.  Beyond my expectations.  They were very friendly and considered me as their sister and also I considered them as my little sister or brother.  After all, I’m really grateful for that oppurtinity.  Love them so much!

I knew that my role was to entertain kids, make them stay at the farm feels like their home.  I spend my internship work with have fun, what an unexpected activities.
Our activities began from 7.30 AM.  I waking them up, after that breakfast then the rest of time we are filled up with activities until 20.00-21.00 PM.  Many activities we did, no more wasting time in our summer camp’s agenda.  Such a upstream, klining in mud hut, baking pizza, climbing, introduced Phiphines and Japanese culture, and many more.  When I asked them, “are you tired?” Simultaneously they answer: “Noooooo!!!” How superb they were!! XD












In the 4th and 5th day of summer camp, I and my friend from Malaysia introduced Indonesia culture and Malaysia culture.  He introduced and taught Layang-layang (kite) as represented Malaysia culture.  While me, introduced Indonesia in powerpoint slide and dance, Tari Piring dance, also introduced to them an Indonesia traditional games for kids: Lompat tali.










Many memories that I will never forget!  I was really happy and this is not so difficult that I thought.  If I have a chance I want do it again such this activity. 
Thanks people! :)

for furthermore photos, please visit this FB page : https://www.facebook.com/Ilantcfarm
we have many more


Nova




No comments:

Post a Comment