June 17, 2014

Miss My Hometown's FOODs

My Hometown

Times flies so fast, my internship diary book already write until week 22. It's look like last week I just went to Taiwan.



Actually I'm not so homesick, I'm just duper super miss delicious foods in my hometown. Every time talk about, I was very proud of my hometown food. It's not just cheap and also  VERY VERY VERY DELICIOUS !!

Penang, "Pearl of the Orient"


One species of tree in Taiwan which is always remind me for my hometown was 
Areca catechu.


Although Penang has a lot of this type of tree, but we very rare to eat it (fruits) unlike Taiwanese. Due to last time, there were a lot of this kind of tree in island. Therefore, the picture of this tree was put on our state flag. 

Pulau Pinang (In Malay) - Pulau stands for island while Pinang is the malay common name for Areca catechu

Penang 's FOODs
You cannot imagine how the Penang food delicious was if you never try it!! Especially Char Koay Teow!!

My favorite was Siam Road Char Koay Teow:


The second one was Lorong Selamat Siam Laksa (Nyonya):
Actually laksa in Singapore, we know it as curry mee at here. Different with Asam laksa, it is less sour but more smooth.

The third one was Curry Mee:
It's called curry due to after put the special chilli paste, it turn the white soup into curry-liked color. The taste was different and more delicious.

OMO OMO! I feel hungry again although just having lunch before writing blog~~!

I coming back soon!!!

Angelia



No comments:

Post a Comment