January 07, 2014

First day in the farm =D

I had already been in Taiwan for nearly 2 months when I arrived on the farm. During those two months i had the time of my life travelling with friends to many places. Thankfully with the help of the friendly Taiwanese locals we never got lost and had hassle free trips =)







Photo taken on 18 Peaks mountain after 8 hours of walking around exploring Hsinchu city, could not feel my legs anymore after i got home but it was worth it. (im the one on the left)



Formosa Aboriginal Cultural Village near Sun Moon Lake with friends from New Zealand, Malaysia and Philippines






Thermal Valley Hot Spring in Beitou, Taipei 




Even though i was having a lot of fun here in Taiwan, I had been away from home for a very long time as well and i was getting a little homesick. However arriving at the farm made me feel very much at home. It was not only because of the friendly staff but also the natural scenery. Coming from New Zealand, we have some of the most beautiful natural scenery on the planet but Toucheng Leisure Farm is right up there and really reminded me of home. Taiwan really is a beautiful place.  Along this journey i really hope to learn a lot about planet conservation, sustainability and generally living a clean green lifestyle. 
I was also a bit nervous as i have no experience regarding sustainability except for trying my best to recycle things that are recyclable. However i soon felt at ease as here at Toucheng Leisure Farm they are still learning about how to reduce their carbon footprint just like me. Im sure we will all learn a lot along the way
  
Jerry Guo

No comments:

Post a Comment