December 21, 2013


The best pizza I have ever eaten!


This is my fourth day on the farm and so far I wrote articles about Food Education and how can plants cool down the temperature in hot seasons (didn't know before they were able to :) ) Im slowly getting more familiar with the stuff even though there is around 50 people working on the farm. All the Taiwanese are extremely nice, always smiling and helpful. They are all working like bees, like Swiss watches and are fully aware of their responsibilities and duties. Im pretty much amazed by they working moral as each of them is an inseparable part of a huge "machinery". I wish I spoke Chinese so I could understand and got to know the culture better but my colleagues are taking my out tonight !!! so Im super excited :)


Yesterday we made our own pizza with Cooper and honestly...it was the best pizza I have had in a really looooong time ! It was baked in the mud oven on a real fire and probably that's why was so tasty!


Then we went to DIY section which is kinda like  "do it yourself" section and were painting the leaves which we picked up around the area and print it on the bag. So I have my own homemade design bag now! :)

I talked to Tina a lot about nature and preservation. Its really rare to find such a untouched place in the world as Toucheng farm is. The trees and vegetation close to the top of this mountain look like from prehistoric times and I feel like in a dinosaur era :D The food is quite different and little oily but the farm provides buffet so I can choose whatever I like (usually I pick always the same :D some bamboo and "tofu" and veggies ) The weather in December is quite rainy and foggy, but the environment and people are making it worth it. When we went to the winery I was quite amazed by what they are able to do with different kinds of old wood.  They use it in such a way I havent ever seen before and it didnt look out of place at all. Pictures are here : And I got definitely inspiration for myself and I would definitely do something like this for my own household. Is totally original, natural and exceptionally beautiful.



Tomorrow is coming a group of 35 Rotary students from all over the world and Im supposed to interact with them and see how they like the farm. Ill let you know how it went :)


No comments:

Post a Comment