December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas Day

Today was my "last day" at work before my first "day-off". Before the Christmas day. It was really nice chilly day, I had a good topic to write about in our environmental section where I was trying to emphasize the importance of reconnecting with the nature and stop "hunting" materialistic goals. In late afternoon, after dinner, I was just searching through web...

while listening to Christmas songs in the background and kids chatting outside with their parents, when one nice man came to my desk, asked me how I was, smiled at meand gave me little card with the chocolate and left. I read what was written and my heart started melting.




I was and still am extremely touched. A man who barely knew me, write my this simple card ( even put an effort and found out how to say Merry Christmas in my language - Vesele Vianoce) and gave it to me out of nowhere. Im speechless... For people like Mr. Bright, I will forever love Taiwan because this would never happened anywhere  n the world but here. It brought tears to my eyes because Im so far away from my family and I wish I could be with them tomorrow and we dont realize how much we miss them until we are left alone in a foreign country. Thank you Mr. Bright from the bottom of my heart for your kindness,generosity and chocolate :) . Maybe its a small thing, but it means a great deal to me and I will never forget this.

Happy Christmas to everyone !! Thank you again Mr. Bright :)

No comments:

Post a Comment