July 30, 2012

Yesterday I tasted a delicacy in Taiwan. "1000 year old egg" or "century egg".

I have heard about this when I first arrived here in Taiwan. And I thought that I already tasted something similar in Denmark but I was soooo wrong. In Denmark there is a southern regional dish that requires the eggs to be boiled for 20 minutes and then put in salt for at least a week - sun egg. But that is nothing compared to the century egg!

The taste was very special but not repulsive in any way. Both the texture and the taste was a surprise for me. The white outside of the egg was almost transparent and the inside brown almost black. Like this! It was really special and I would tell everyone to taste it if in Asia - at least to you can be able to say that you tasted an egg that have been preserved for months and it transparant and black and didn't get sick from it :D

Love,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment