August 03, 2012

Karaokeee!

A couple of days ago we went for a goodbye dinner for Kasia with people from the farm! The food was really awesome and they had one of those turn-tables where you can share all the food that you order. It is a really cool way to eat I think - very social! :) I like it!


After dinner some of us continued to go for karaoke! An experience I have been looking forward to having here in Asia since I heard that it is really BIG here and also that it is so different from the European one and oh my - yes it is! Firstly you usually rent a private room for the party that you are going with - in Europe it is most common that it is a big bar where you "perform" in front of everyone.
Then as you can see on the pictures it is up to you how disco you want to make the room. There is disco lights and everything! After the people from the farm had been singing a couple of songs me and Kasia made our move! We wanted to sing the Pocahontas song "colours of the wind" and was really exited to see some disney music video! Boy, were we disappointed! :D I guess they don't have the rights in Asia to show the music video because all we saw was a western chick posing on a boat - HAHA! All the english songs were like this! It was really disturbing :D The night ended after three hours of singing/screaming and laughing! Uh and also a trip to McD! Another experience for the books! I would really recommend everyone visiting Asia to go for karaoke with some local Asians! You will never forget :) 

Love, Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment