August 06, 2012

A trip to Tom's World with the kids

Hi everyone!

I really want to share my experience at the game hall "Tom's World". I went with two lovely kids, the farm owner's grandkids. At first I didn't really know where we were going, because I have never heard of Tom's World. But after som inquiries to the kids I though I had an idea of what I was going to experience but you never know :D


When we got to the mall, we took the elevator to the top floor I think and there was Tom's World. I was really amazed to see all the colors and all the people there. Even a lot of "grown ups". The kids knew exactly where to get the "playing money" and soon we where already playing the first game! They had almost everything you could imagine from Air Hockey, Basketball hoops to Shooting games and Water splashing games. One thing that really surprised me also was the fact that there was so many "older" people there - it is obviously not only for kids! AND also we saw this guy in the video below who brought his own drumsticks and a shirt to cover the drums. He was really crazy, he must have spent a LONG time getting this good at the game :O

The red dots should be on the drum, and the blue ones on the edge of the drum :) 


I really had a lot of fun and I have, not that I remember at least, been to such a place with so many different possibilites with playing games.

A couple of pictures from Tom's World :D LOVE Pikachu! :D
Afterwards we were extremely lucky to run into some sort of festival parade. I have no idea what it was for, and I never really figured it out. But it was really interesting and people gathered to see all the parade people. What really struck me to be different was the fact that they still tried to make the traffic go by without disturbing too much. In Denmark if we have a parade like this, they would just close of the streets and the cars will suffer and have to find another rute to where ever they are going. But here they still kept the road somewhat open, which was really disturbing although adding to the experience. Furthermore I was curious about all the people not really attending the parade but walking alongside the participants - all with same t-shirts. I thought they were in the way and really annoying until I realized that they were there for a reason! It was so hot to be inside the suits/costumes the participants had on that they needed to change frequently AND they were also very heavy, which meant that they needed to be more than one person to help change the person inside the costume - makes sense now! :)

Really had a great day with the kids and I felt really lucky to run into a parade even though I still am not sure what it was for, it didn't really matter :)

Love,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment