August 23, 2012

The world after Christina: Typhoon arriving.

Here we go again - my post number two!

I hope I did not leave you guys hanging for too long... I just decided to double my efforts in writing these paragraphs, since our dear boss Tina just revealed an interesting train of thoughts to me. Namely, that male individuals supposedly face more troubles writing about their emotions and experiences than females. I deliberately took this inspiring idea as a hint that I should do something about the hunger for entertainment of you all. :D

Now that Christina is gone the farm feels like a completely different place. Though we have only known each  other for two weeks, I sense that a great buddy has just left. And not only that, my mentor as well! At this point I would like to express my appreciation for the great introduction Christina gave me to everything and everybody around here. Thank you!

My little knowledge of Chinse might be a big help to me, but who is going to do all the designing and creative work now?!
Be it to my liking or not, I guess I have to try discovering all the programs and functions to do all that on my own. It seems like from now on I am going to benefit more from my work here than I could possibly have anticipated before.

Currently, the farm is comparitively derserted, as many visitors have cancelled their reservations for these days after a warning of a major typhoon arriving on Thursday had been published. Maybe it is just me being oversensitive, but I think I felt some nervousness in the air today in the morning. However, according to the latest news the typhoon has slowed down a great deal and is now believed to arrive at nighttime or on Friday.
While people on the farm are mostly waiting for the typhoon to pass by, annoyed by the effects of it drawing nearer, I for my part am actually a little excited to experience the first typhoon in my life.
Although I suspect that afterwards I will be just as annoyed by and nervous about future typhoons, I still cannot help my excitement in these moments.
I just hope that this typhoon will not undermine my plans to go to Taipeh this Saturday and explore the secrets of Taiwan's heart.

During the last couple of days, we had many activities and visited several places, all of which, in fact, were really fun and beautiful. But it is also nice to have some unhurried hours like today and I am going to indulge in that now.

So thanks for reading and hope to welcome you again to our blog (now it's all MINE! :D)

Niklas




No comments:

Post a Comment