August 14, 2012

Bye bye Toucheng Leisure Farm, see you next time(?) !

The end of my internship has come. 
Almost 7 weeks, exactly 47days.
Dozens new people met, hundreds new flavours tasted, 
thousands impressions experienced,
unknown but enormous amount of new abilities learnt.

And I still want more!




Culture Shock was first, regret that I cannot stay longer is the last
feeling accompanying me in Taiwan.
But not only - I also feel extremely happy that a few months ago 
I made a perfect decision to spend my interniship in Taiwan, at Toucheng Leisure Farm.


I'm 100% satisfied with my stay here in this amazing Asian Country.
Local culture enriched me as a person, taught me that Global Village is a myth, 
that there are still places so different from what I know, 
places so wonderful that take your breath away.


What I also understood is that there's no possibility of getting to know 
any culture during 1 or 2-week stay in a country.
 You have to stop being a tourist and start living in a place to 
truly experience and understand its culture.


I honestly recommend everyone who is a citizen of Western Culture
to visit Asia at least once in a lifetime and let this beautiful part of the world 
open your eyesto what's different, broaden your horizons and make you feel happy 
being surrounded by people
so different and at the same time so similar to you.


Visit to Asia can, with no doubt, become 
a Life Changing Experience.


Why should you choose Taiwan?
It's a small island which doesn't overwhelm but has a lot to offer:
exotic environment and flourishing nature but also hectic Taipei with streets filled with
hundreds of small traditional asian restaurants, coasts facing the Pacific Ocean,
surfing and snorkeling&diving facilities.
Taiwan's size enables getting to know it pretty well even in a month,
what means that you won't be left dissatisfied and regretting not visiting
places you'd like to visit.


A month of exploring Taiwan gives satisfaction of knowing its culture well,
two months makes you feel there at home. 
Believe me, I experienced that myself.


for the last time - Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment