March 18, 2013

Beauty within the family.

The tea plant (Camellia Sinensis) is part of a family called Camellia. But in this family there is another member whose beauty draws attention from the crowd.
It also known as the Rose of Winter, ladies and gentlemen, the Camellia Japonica!



Charlotte Elizabeth Tonna an English Evangelical Protestant wrote a poem about The White Camellia Japonica


Thou beauteous child of purity and grace, What element could yield so fair a birth? Defilement bore me - my abiding place Was mid the foul clods of polluted earth. But light looked on me from a holier sphere, To draw me heavenward - then I rose and shone; And can I vainly to thine eye appear, Thou dust-born gazer? make the type thine own. From thy dark dwelling look thou forth, and see The purer beams that brings a lovelier change for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment